heading("D.C. Junior Open Chess Tournament","D.C. Junior Open", "Look through our entire calendar of events."); ?>
January 16 - 17, 2016
- Open to anyone in kindergarten through twelfth grade.
- The Open Section of this tournament determines the male and female scholastic champions for the District of
- Seven sections:
- Open Section (Open to anyone through high school)
- Under 1400 Section (Open to any high school student or younger rated under 1400)
- Under 1000 Section (Open to any high school student or younger rated under 1000)
- Preteen Section Under 800 (Open to anyone under age 13 with a national rating under 800)
- Preteen Section Under 600 (Open to anyone under age 13 with a national rating under 600)
- Preteen Section Under 400 (Open to anyone under age 13 with a national rating under 400)
- Preteen Section Under 200 (Open to anyone under age 13 with a national rating under 200)
- $100 first prize and trophies in the Open Section
- Top four in each of the other sections receive a trophy
- 4-Round Swiss System, Time Control: Game/85;d5 in the Open Section, Game/25;d5 in the other six sections.
- Games begin Saturday at 1:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m., and on Sunday at 12:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. in the Open Section
- In the other five sections, games will begin at 1:00 p.m. and all will be played Saturday afternoon.
- Registration fee: $30 ($20 if by January 9)
- This is a nationally-rated tournament, so USCF membership is required.
- At site registration will be on Saturday from noon until 12:45 p.m.
- Players in all sections are expected to play in all four games, with two on each day in the Open Section.